19 Dec 2020

You're Fifteen Today!

 

You’re fifteen today!

I am astounded at your beauty and your intelligence, you make me laugh, you laugh at my silly jokes, you correct me when I mispronounce something, you teach me American history, and educate me on pop culture, and when I can’t find the word I need and I say “what’s that word, the word that means this or that?” you always have the exact word I need, you  fill my world with color, and hope, and dreams. Your wit, your dry sarcasm, and wise cynicism floor me every time, how does she know so much? I wonder.

Today we had a chocolate cake with fifteen sparkler candles on top, the packet came with a bomb shaped candle that said KABOOM on it, we lit it, excited that it will explode in the end, but it just melted down gently and tranquilly! And we laughed.

You’re the joy of my life, you’re the love of my life, I’m so lucky to have you.



Jori and I built an intellectual snowman, behind Jori is her school, North Olmsted High School.