31 May 2020

I Can't Breathe


When I saw the video of George Floyd being murdered by a white cop, I felt physical pain, I couldn't breathe.

I can't do anything, but I have a voice. My daughter and I attended the protest that took place in Cleveland, Ohio, Saturday May 30th.

The protest began peaceful but turned violent and destructive, with tear gas bombs thrown at protestors.

Protests against police brutality are now taking place across America, for Floyd and other black victims. When the media and the fucking-good-for-nothing-politicians criticize the riots and the violence these protests are inducing, I want to ask them, what choice do the people have? We feel pain, we feel anger, we want police brutality against black people to stop. How can we as a hurting society channel our pain and anger? And what example have the authorities set for the people? When we've seen them continuously use violence and aggression against black bodies, then turn their eyes away from all the injustice.