2 Apr 2020

Only Feathers





What do we do with feelings?


Walk them off

Walk them off

Walk them off



For no apparent reason a man I don’t like or care for crossed my mind yesterday and I immediately received a text from him.


I was walking Jasper. Yes, I have a dog and his name is Jasper. I adopted him a few days ago and he’s perfect. On our walk, we saw an Eagle clutching at a Goose, the Eagle had killed it, and was standing over it, claws digging in the dead breast of the prey, fresh blood, pulling and gnawing at the brown flesh.


The sun was bleeding its way out of the sky, setting the gory background for the above seen, it was at once the most violent and most beautiful thing; the ferocity of nature.


What does the man I loved and cared about do when he crosses my mind every day?


Today, we passed by the dead Goose, nothing but a carcass, brown stiff blood splattered on scattered soft feathers. The sun was gentler in its setting; elusive rays of light came through tufts of clouds, like friendly spirits. Sparrows settled on the maze of phone wires, small fluffy bodies, black against a faint lavender sky.


Nothing left, only feathers, blowing in the cool April breeze.