19 Dec 2017

12 years ago





Twelve years ago

The most wonderful thing happened to me

I searched and search for a perfect happiness, a happiness without a hole in it, until you came

I told you time and time again that your birthday is the best day of my life

You never cease to amaze me
How so many generations, had to be created, and destroyed so the marvel of you can finally be perfected

It’s hard - I think - for you to perfect your role, hiding your shrewd brilliance under your childlike face, under your perfectly girlish body

I gave you the diary I wrote when you were still in my womb, notes about your birth, stages of your development, and poems I wrote you as I watched you grow, when you started walking, when you first spoke.. and as soon as you read it, you pointed out my misspellings!

In my mind, you’re the only persons whose name resonates with fresh flowers, vibrant rainbows, colourful balloons, warm sandy beaches, and clean air. Somehow, you are the only real person to me 

When mothers talk about how amazing their children are, I think they must be crazy. I know I’ve got the best one.