13 May 2016

For many days - Recorded Poem


I've always had an unusual attachment to the rain, my last name is the Arabic word for rain! but that's not it, I've always found rain magical, a reoccurring miracle, "there is water falling from the sky!" I feel like shouting whenever it starts raining, then: "why isn't anyone completely bewildered or in awe?". But I never do shout these things, as I know I'm probably the only person that passionate about rain. I find rain soothing when others might find it a nuisance, I find it inspiring when others might find it depressing or dreary. The sky too, her unpredictable mood swings, her ability to shift from utter unreasonable wrath and anger to the most gentle most forgiving most beautiful temperament without being a bit apologetic about it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASR61LNfvVk