9 Apr 2013

A little bit of you قليلٌ منك





I wish I kept a little bit of you
for keepsake
a bit of your tenderness in a jar
a bit of your soothing smile
a drop of your lips.
In the night I wake
 wondering why I am holding on to air?

Tell me
how long is distance?
the distance of not touching
the distance of not kissing
the distance of not loving
I dare not measure them
an empty soul was never of length
an empty heart was never of width

Amongst the chaos of my drugged tired senses
my sober mind always with the right answer:
He is gone.""

What do you write of emptiness?
the sound of never knowing   why
the sound of an un-spoken dream
a dream
left hanging on my lips
left hanging on your lips.


ليتني احتفظت بقليلٍ منك
بعض حنيّتك في جرّة
لونٌ من ألوان ابتسامتك الشافية
قِطرة من شفتيك

قُل لي
ما طول المسافة بيننا؟
المسافة المفرّقة بين اليدين
المسافة المفرّقة بين الشّفتين
لا أجرؤ على قياسها
أتقاس الروح الفارغة؟
أللقلب المفطور طولٌ أو عرض؟

حواسنا مشرّدة, مشوّشة و مسلوبة
و يظلّ العقل وحده يذكرنا و يذكرنا من دون كلل أو ملل

عندما تفتق خيوط خاطت بعضنا ببعضنا
مالذي نكتبه؟
ليس للفراق لون أو رائحة كي أوصفه
لم يكن لأحلامي صوت ارتطام عندما هَوَت من طرف القلب
ولم أكن بالشجاعة الكافية لأقول ما كان عليّ قوله